Monday, September 8, 2008

Books I'm reading

Figure I've got to update what I've been reading.  Since my last post on that subject, I've read:

Memoirs of a Geisha - LOVED IT!  Like this, try Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
The Shack - can't say I was crazy about it.  Just okay.
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry - amazingly I'd not read this, but a good story about the holocaust.
The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl - Young adult novel - worth a read, I did like this one, a good story about friendship.

Currently, I'm reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.  I'm not far, but I'm very intrigued at this point.  It has compelling elements  - dogs (which I love) and a main character who can not speak but can hear, who breeds, raises and trains dogs.  I'll keep you posted on it.

By the way, I did finish The 19th Wife.  Started out kind of confusing - it's basically two stories woven together.  It is an intriguing subject (polygamy) and reading the history of it and how it does still exist today was quite interesting.  Now remember, this is a fiction book, but a lot of accurate historical information is in the story.

No comments: