Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sandy's Bookbag

What is in my bookbag this week?

Sisters Choice by Emilie Richards is currently on my nightstand. Here's a summary..."Hoping to prove to her sister, Kendra, that she deserves absolution for her past mistakes, Jamie Dunkirk agrees to be a surrogate for Kendra and her husband, and when she moves to their riverside property, a new relationship with Cash Rosslyn and his grandmother has a profound impact as she struggles with her pregnancy and a cancer diagnosis."

This was a good book about relationships, sisters in particular. A bit predictable about what was going to happen, but a nice book. Worth a read if you'd like something light and fast.

I recently read Duma Key by Stephen King. Many people have raved about it, but it just wasn't my kind of book. It's a thick one and I kept thinking it could end soon and I'd notice I still had a third of the book to go. Just my opinion, if you like Stephen King, try it.

How the States Got Their Shapes by Mark Stein was also in my bookbag this last week. I really enjoyed the facts and details about the oddities of the states. Yes, very detailed, to the nth degree, but enjoyable.


No comments: